- According to Immunefi, a bug bounty and security services platform, the crypto sector lost US$3.9 billion in 2022.
- It said that in 2022, hacking remained the leading source of losses at 95.6%, with rug pulls, frauds, and scams, accounting for just 4.4% of overall losses.
- As per Immunefi, this figure marks a 58.3% rise over 2021, when hacking losses totaled US$2.38 billion.
- DeFi sustained losses of $3.18 billion in 2022, spread among 155 incidents.
- This loss figure reflects a 56.2% increase over 2021 when DeFi lost $2.04 billion in 107 occurrences.
For more details: Click here