Sam Bankman-Fried Lands in the United States to Face Federal Fraud Charges
- Brandon Davis
- December 22, 2022
- Crypto, News
- Sam Bankman-Fried was deported from The Bahamas on Wednesday night and arrived at New York’s Westchester County Airport.
- On December 13, the SEC charged Bankman-Fried with breaching anti-fraud provisions of the Securities Exchange Acts of 1933 and 1934.
- Disgraced FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried is being prosecuted on eight counts of criminal fraud.
- Among the accusations are multiple charges of securities fraud, federal wire fraud, and money laundering.
- The 30-year-old may spend the rest of his life in federal prison if found guilty.