- In the coming months, Georgia’s central bank plans to issue a whitepaper outlining the notion of a national digital currency.
- Georgia will initiate a digital Lari pilot program during the first half of 2023. The project’s goal is to digitize and simplify the use of the nation’s currency.
- Furthermore, it will lower the price of printing paper money, which probably involves several stages and ensures a faster and more secure exchange of funds.
- Commercial banks and intermediaries, however, will not use the upcoming digital Lari pilot. This project is expected to have a favorable effect on Georgia’s economy.
- Many countries, including Australia, Thailand, Brazil, India, South Korea, Russia, and the United States, are adopting the digital currency.
Mridul is an MBA pursuing a content writing career. He is a dedicated, detail-oriented freelance writer with over 2 years of experience and knowledge in the fields of Web3, blockchain, cryptocurrency, and NFTs. He is skilled in producing long and short content per the guidelines and client requirements for maximum search engine optimization.